Theatre can help children learn to respect others, to share and take turns.
Theatre class can establish and strengthen socialization skills for young children.
· Participants in a theatre class learn to listen and to share.
· They begin to value the ideas and contributions of others and to accept constructive criticism.
· They learn to take turns and to show respect, acceptance and support for every member of their group.
· They agree collectively to control their individual impulses so that a group goal can be achieved.
· They are encouraged to develop a shared framework of behaviours and expectations that allows them to work well together – and that is essential to group success.